Wednesday 13 January 2010

A Week to Go

There is just one week to go before I celebrate my Diamond Jubilee in Adelaide at Rostrevor at Rostrevor College. Other jubilarians celebrating this year in Adelaide are Brs Michael Coughlin (50 years) and Ray O'Donohue (70 years). The present Archbishop of Adelaide, Philip Wilson and the former, now retired Archbishop of Adelaide, Leonard Faulkner, and the retired long-time chaplain of CBC, Mgr Aitken, will greatly honour the occasion by their presence.

Each jubilarian was strictly allowed to invite only 20 people, family and friends, to share in the celebrations, apart from fellow Christian Brothers and clergy. I am delighted and honoured by the presence of my family and friends, it is a pity that I cannot share my delight at the celebrations with many other dear friends to whom I owe infinitely more than language can desribe.

The celebration will consist of a Jubilee Mass followed by a reception in the Rostrevor Pavilion.

Thank you to my fellow Chrsitian Brothers, my family, past and pupils, parents, colleagues and others who have encouraged and supported me, both in Austraia and overseas, who have supported me in my 60 years as a Christian Brother.

The following day, January 21st, I set out for France. I will have a one night stay in Paris and arrive at Chavagnes on Jan 23rd. Needless to say, I am looking forward to this, while at the same time, will miss my life here in Australia very much.

Please pray for me.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Brother,

    We will be offering Mass for your intentions here in Chavagnes in union with the celebration in Australia. And we look forward very much to seeing you again, and welcoming you back to your 'second home' in France.

    ReplyDelete